Windows 8.1-64 update wiped out 1394 Debugging

Hi.
Recently I updated a Windows-7-64bit machine with a new, separate partition that contains Windows 8.1-64bit. Since then, I cannot use 1394 for debugging. In the host side I have tried both Windbgs, the one from the old WDK and the new from WDK8.1.
The system starts exactly as in DEBUG OFF mode. No signs of debugger trying to connect.
I can debug using Serial and USB is working too.
In the Device Manager I can see the 1394 interface working as usual, i.e, as a normal firewire card (not captured by the debugger).
I have checked that BCDEDIT shows the right debugsettings parameters in both OSs.

Do this sounds familiar to anyone?

xxxxx@telefonica.net wrote:

Recently I updated a Windows-7-64bit machine with a new, separate partition that contains Windows 8.1-64bit. Since then, I cannot use 1394 for debugging. In the host side I have tried both Windbgs, the one from the old WDK and the new from WDK8.1.
The system starts exactly as in DEBUG OFF mode. No signs of debugger trying to connect.
I can debug using Serial and USB is working too.
In the Device Manager I can see the 1394 interface working as usual, i.e, as a normal firewire card (not captured by the debugger).
I have checked that BCDEDIT shows the right debugsettings parameters in both OSs.

Do this sounds familiar to anyone?

Well, it may not be the same problem, but in my case, what happened is
that the setting that selects 1394 mode stayed with the Win 7 partition,
and the new Win 8 partition got set up for serial debugging. The exact
same thing happened again when I went from Win 8 to Win 8.1.

Unfortunately, because its syntax appears to have been generated at
random, it’s darned near impossible to figure out the bcdedit
incantation to fix this. Check “bcdedit /dbgsettings” to see what the
global inheritable settings are.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Both BCD boot loaders I have inherit from the same GUID which, in place, inherits from a third, which has only two Elements of type DebuggerType (15000011) and Channel(15000015), with values 1(1394) and 10 (channel=10), which is precisely the configuration I should have. So apparently configuration is fine.