"Waiting to connect to target"

I’m using the win8 WDK with VS2012 to do kernel development and debugging. I don’t seem to be able to break into my target system from the host anymore. I’ve tried un-provisioning and re-provisioning and it all seems to be working fine. Deployment seems to be working as well. I can “attach to process”, choose Refresh and Kernel and the right thing seems to be happening but when I go on to break-all nothing happens.

I’ve assured that the setting from bcdedit /debugsettings are the same as the host settings in Configure Computer.

Any suggestions about how to get things working again? Maybe things I could check?

Thanks!

Did you run the following bcdedit commands (works for me on W2K12)?

bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON
bcdedit /set {current} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
bcdedit /dbgsettings serial debugport:1 baudrate:115200
bcdedit /debug on

Thanks for the reply!

My should have said that I’m using the network interface… at least I was. I think what might have happened is that the target got it’s ip address changed and there’s a part of the host interface that can’t figure out that it’s different. As I said, some parts of the interface work but not the final control of the target.

Does anyone know how to make both sides just forget about each other?

It’s still broken, but I thought I’d mention some other stuff that I’ve tried.

I de-provisioned and changed the name of the target in case the host was “remembering” the old IP address - no luck.

I checked kdbgctrl -c to see if the monitor is actually waiting for the host, although I don’t actually know if the WDK8 stuff uses kdbgctrl or not.

Once again, I’d really appreciate any suggestions!

It’s taken me this long to notice that after I did the Attach To Process, the debugger showed “connected to target w.x.y.z on port xxxxx…” with the WRONG IP ADDRESS for the target!

I did a de-provision, ipconfig -flushdns, and re-provision and things FINALLY seem to be working again. For anyone else who might have this problem, I’m not sure if changing the name of the target was necessary or not.