Vista 32 bit INF file problem

Hi to all,

i have the working inf file for my usbaudio driver in Xp.

Now i want the same thing for Vista 32 bit machine and try to install the driver for vista but my inf file not ask for sys file. So its problem with only my inf file.

form the DDk i come to know that for vista its require digital signature for your driver than driver will install is it correct???

with it can i install the driver??

in the DDK it also mantion how to create the digital signature for your driver by using the MakeCert tool.

please someone tell me that what are the changes i have to make for installing the driver in vista from the Xp inf file.

I don’t think that you should require a signature to install on the 32-bit version of Vista; 64-bit version, different story. I think that there are some exceptions to this rule for drivers that are part of the DRM path, even on 32-bit, but I don’t about those.

What kind of error is getting reported (\Windows\setupapi.log)? Have you tried running checkinf?

The easiest way to get started with signing for development purposes is to test sign your driver:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/kmcs_walkthrough.mspx

The document is fairly long, but if you just skip to the ‘test signing’ section, it won’t take you very long to get up and running.

Good luck,

mm

xxxxx@lntinfotech.com wrote:

i have the working inf file for my usbaudio driver in Xp.

Now i want the same thing for Vista 32 bit machine and try to install the driver for vista but my inf file not ask for sys file. So its problem with only my inf file.

form the DDk i come to know that for vista its require digital signature for your driver than driver will install is it correct???

with it can i install the driver??

in the DDK it also mantion how to create the digital signature for your driver by using the MakeCert tool.

please someone tell me that what are the changes i have to make for installing the driver in vista from the Xp inf file.

In general, there are no differences. Perhaps you should post your INF
file and we’ll look it over.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thanks MM and Tim

my problem got solved the same inf file is able to install my driver.
the problem that i was not kept inf file and sys file in the same folder.
now its working fine.