UMDF Driver with DLL, WHQL problems?

We would like to build a UMDF driver that uses some code in a custom DLL library.
Will we have any problem with the Logo (WHQL Certification) Testing if we are using custom DLL?
I saw that there is a sample that use Winsock lib, so my guess that it will be the same, right?

Thanks

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

We would like to build a UMDF driver that uses some code in a custom DLL library.
Will we have any problem with the Logo (WHQL Certification) Testing if we are using custom DLL?
I saw that there is a sample that use Winsock lib, so my guess that it will be the same, right?

As long as the DLL works in the restricted user environment of UMDF, how
could they tell? Remember that the WHQL folks never actually run or
examine your driver. You run the tests and submit the logs, and they
approve the logs.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

There is no problem with a UMDF driver using a helper dll. It goes without saying that the dll should be robust and should not cause AppVerifier/any other test breaks in logo tests.

As a good hygiene this dll shouldn’t be used to do any non-driver activities such as showing UI.

UMDF drivers are tested against the driver logo requirement with the Id DEVFUND-0036 to verify app verify checks, logopoint tool has more information regarding UMDF device driver requirements that can be accessed from your WHQL account. For more information on the logopoint database please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487403.aspx .

Thanks,
Neslihan