The command "staticdv.exe /check:*" exited with code -1

Hi,

I am working on USB driver with WDM architecture, recently I have targeted for code for Windows10 or higher versions, for which I had followed the Visual Studio, SDK and WDK recommended suggestions from below link:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/other-wdk-downloads
My Setup details
Visual Studio 2015 +
SDK Version: Windows SDK for Windows 10.0.14393.795
WDK Version: WDK for Windows 10, version 1607

Initially, I was able to build SDV successfully. Recently, I am ending up with below error.

D:\dev-area\WaUsb>msbuild /t:sdv /p:Inputs="/check:*" "WaUsb.vcxproj" /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=x64
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 14.0.25420.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 3/27/2024 9:00:54 PM.
Project "D:\dev-area\WaUsb\WaUsb.vcxproj" on node 1 (sdv target(s)).
sdv:
  staticdv.exe /check:*
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Static Driver Verifier Version 4.0.1604.1
  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  SDV is building for <Release|x64>
  Build     'WaUsb' ... Done
  Library not processed: cfg_support_v1.lib. The library could not be included in the verification.
  SDV will run without these libraries.
  To process the library, run a msbuild <driver project file> /p:configuration="<release configuration>" /p:platform=<Win32|x64|arm> /t:Sdv /p:inputs="/lib" command in the library's source folder.
  Scan      'WaUsb' ... Done
  No reuse data to copy from previous SDV run.
  The compile step failed for   'WaUsb' .
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\build\windowsdriver.Sdv.targets(120,9): error MSB3073: The command "staticdv.exe /check:*" exited with code -1. [D:\dev-area\WaUsb\WaUsb.vcxproj]
Done Building Project "D:\dev-area\WaUsb\WaUsb.vcxproj" (sdv target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\dev-area\WaUsb\WaUsb.vcxproj" (sdv target) (1) ->
(sdv target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\build\windowsdriver.Sdv.targets(120,9): error MSB3073: The command "staticdv.exe /check:*" exited with code -1. [D:\dev-area\WaUsb\WaUsb.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:02:29.05

I have tried uninstalling VS2015+SDK+WDK and reinstalling yet I observed the same error.

Can someone give me some pointers on this?

Regards,
Shravan Mahendra

My standard suggestions, which may or may not help you, are (a) to be sure you're trying to run SDV on the Release build of your driver (not the debug build) and (b) make sure you have NOT enabled Code Analysis on build before you run SDV.

If that doesn't help... I'm not sure what to suggest. SDV is sort of a mystery when it doesn't work.

Hello Peter,

Yes, I am running the SDV on the release build driver and Code Analysis is disabled in project properties.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards,
Shravan Mahendra