Setupact on Win7

I’m trouble shooting a co-installer issue on Win7 which I’m 99% sure is a KMDF version problem within my driver package.

However, the Win7 setupact file doesn’t give me as much info as I’m used to seeing on Vista. On Vista the setupact showed the OS comparing the WDF version on disk with that required by the driver package, and the action being taken based on the result. In the Win7 setupact I don’t see any of this info, and I’m wondering if it’s been moved to a different file?

I’d appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Chris

Did you check the wdf log file it other setupapi logs?

d

sent from a phpne with no keynoard

-----Original Message-----
Sent: May 25, 2010 8:16 AM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: [ntdev] Setupact on Win7

I’m trouble shooting a co-installer issue on Win7 which I’m 99% sure is a KMDF version problem within my driver package.

However, the Win7 setupact file doesn’t give me as much info as I’m used to seeing on Vista. On Vista the setupact showed the OS comparing the WDF version on disk with that required by the driver package, and the action being taken based on the result. In the Win7 setupact I don’t see any of this info, and I’m wondering if it’s been moved to a different file?

I’d appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Chris

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

I’ll have to come back to this later, had something else come up that is going to cause a re-write of the installer. When I do, I’ll post file paths here.

Chris

Here’s an example of what I’m looking for, this is from the setupact on Vista x86:

WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.32.517] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: Coinstaller version: 1.7.6001
WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.32.614] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: KMDF in-memory version: 1.9.7600
WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.32.775] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: KMDF on-disk version: 1.9.7600
WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.33.112] Service Wdf01000 is running
WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.33.274] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: On-disk KMDF version is newer than or same as the version of the coinstaller. Update is not required
WdfCoInstaller: [05/26/2010 10:22.36.171] DIF_INSTALLDEVICE: Post-Processing

I did some searching (including file contents of course) on Win7, for “KMDF on-disk” and “KMDF in-memory”, and found nothing.

Maybe “they” changed the format and put it, or something similar, elsewhere.

I’ll keep digging.

Thanks

Chris