Re: off-topic: English/French - what version of SP2 should I - use?

Max,

Recently, I was reading a Microsoft article boasting how their decision years ago to
include support for UNICODE has led them to the point where they can now support a
single set of binaries in Win2K. Unfornately I cannot find the exact article, but a
related one can be found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnnews/2001/july/XPInternat/XPInternat.asp. The ability to
release a single set of binaries for all languages is not present in NT.

Dave

“Maxim S. Shatskih” wrote:

Wrong. Any NT version had the same Unicode support as w2k.

----- Original Message -----
> To: “NT Developers Interest List”
> Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 5:29 PM
> Subject: [ntdev] Re: off-topic: English/French - what version of SP2 should I use?
>
> > I thought Win2K is the first OS release that fully leverages UNICODE support. As
> > a result, there is only 1 set of OS binaries (as opposed to a binary set for
> > individual countries that is necessary for NT). Therefore, I don’t think there
> > is even French version of SP2.
> >
> > Bill Christie wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry for this off-topic question, but hopefully it’ll be easy for somebody:
> > >
> > > I have a customer that will be using our application in France, and
> > > therefore will be running a French version of Win2K. In the meantime
> > > however, (and for support reasons), I’d like the computer to be able to run
> > > either in English or French. Install both languages - so far so good.
> > >
> > > The PC came with Win2k SP1 (English/US) pre-installed. I’d like to upgrade
> > > it to SP2, but which version of SP2 should I install? The U.S. version, or
> > > the French version? (or both??)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bill Christie, Software Engineer
> > > Link Engineering Company
> > > 43855 Plymouth Oaks Blvd.
> > > Plymouth, MI 48170
> > > www.linkeng.com
> > >
> > > —
> > > You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@okena.com
> > > To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com
> >
> > —
> > You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@storagecraft.com
> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com
> >
>
> —
> You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@okena.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com

You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: $subst(‘Recip.EmailAddr’)
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com