Re[2]: How to encrypt the system partition on fly

> To hooks int13 calls,It`s sounds difficult to me!

Do you have some codes for reference?

If *this* looks difficult to you, then welcome to hell :slight_smile:
And I seriously doubt someone will give you sources,
such sources are usually very valuable know-how of
everyone who did this.

L.

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

To hooks int13 calls,It`s sounds difficult to me!
Do you have some codes for reference?

Wow. Steep learning curve ahead.

int13 is childs play compared to what faces you for a fully fledged
win32 encryption driver. If you’re serious about taking this on get on
a good course (OSR do them) before you start on the project.

Tony

Wow , The codes is so valuable that no related to reference …
Could some good guy give me some informations of it ?

but ,bitlocker is very pretty good .

Actually, hooking Int13 is the eary part ; )

ALl you need to do is write a custom MBR, load some code in real mode,
install your new Int 13 code and return to the original MBR. Sample code
that does this can be found online.

The hard part is handling full drive encryption in Windows. Usually, a disk
filter driver will be needed, do read up on samples on how to write a simple
disk filter driver.

good luck.

On 4/22/07, Ladislav Zezula wrote:
>
> > To hooks int13 calls,It`s sounds difficult to me!
> > Do you have some codes for reference?
>
> If this looks difficult to you, then welcome to hell :slight_smile:
> And I seriously doubt someone will give you sources,
> such sources are usually very valuable know-how of
> everyone who did this.
>
> L.
>
>
>
> —
> Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at
> https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17
>
> You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: xxxxx@gmail.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com
>

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

Wow , The codes is so valuable that no related to reference …
Could some good guy give me some informations of it ?

Do some work and there’s lots of help here, but nobody is going to give
you ready made source code for something that sophisticated - some of it
is the result of years of work.

You are aware that writing such a driver is probably at least a 12 month
project I presume…?

Tony

Good idea. Actually, we thought about such product just before MS
announced the features of Vista. After that, this project was canceled
with tears. Uhm… is that a power of the super giant in the world?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:34:34 -0400, “Tony Mason”
wrote:

>Why not just upgrade to Vista and use Bitlocker? Sounds far easier than
>trying to implement this yourself (particularly if you want someone else
>to give you the code to do it.)
>
>Tony
>
>Tony Mason
>Consulting Partner
>OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
>http://www.osr.com
>

Cheers,
R. Yang
- Windows Kernel Developer [Custom Dev and Consulting]

BitLocker is avaliable in Vista Ultimate and Enterprise only.

If you read further, BitLocker only encrypts the system volume. Data
partitions are not encrypted. It is NOT a full HDD encryption solution.
*yet*

Windows Longhorn will enable full HDD encryption.

Windows BitLocker AES - Diffuser is NOT FIPS certified * yet * . Something u
want to consider before implement it in your organization.

Currently, only USB flash drive is used for pre-boot authentication. Smart
card support is non existent as of this moment.

Rgs,
Kelvin

On 4/24/07, R. Yang wrote:
>
> Good idea. Actually, we thought about such product just before MS
> announced the features of Vista. After that, this project was canceled
> with tears. Uhm… is that a power of the super giant in the world?
>
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:34:34 -0400, “Tony Mason”
> wrote:
>
> >Why not just upgrade to Vista and use Bitlocker? Sounds far easier than
> >trying to implement this yourself (particularly if you want someone else
> >to give you the code to do it.)
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >Tony Mason
> >Consulting Partner
> >OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
> >http://www.osr.com
> >
>
> Cheers,
> R. Yang
> - Windows Kernel Developer [Custom Dev and Consulting]
>
> —
> Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at
> https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17
>
> You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: xxxxx@gmail.com
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com
>

Most customers are looking for something that appears to supply security, but not real security. It is a check box on a list they must do to comply with some rule and they don’t know and don’t care if it really works. It is like the spam messages for generic drugs of various types and the food supplements to cure various diseases.
“kelvin lim” wrote in message news:xxxxx@ntfsd…
BitLocker is avaliable in Vista Ultimate and Enterprise only.

If you read further, BitLocker only encrypts the system volume. Data partitions are not encrypted. It is NOT a full HDD encryption solution. yet

Windows Longhorn will enable full HDD encryption.

Windows BitLocker AES - Diffuser is NOT FIPS certified * yet * . Something u want to consider before implement it in your organization.

Currently, only USB flash drive is used for pre-boot authentication. Smart card support is non existent as of this moment.

Rgs,
Kelvin

On 4/24/07, R. Yang wrote:
Good idea. Actually, we thought about such product just before MS
announced the features of Vista. After that, this project was canceled
with tears. Uhm… is that a power of the super giant in the world?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:34:34 -0400, “Tony Mason”
wrote:

>Why not just upgrade to Vista and use Bitlocker? Sounds far easier than
>trying to implement this yourself (particularly if you want someone else
>to give you the code to do it.)
>
>Tony
>
>Tony Mason
>Consulting Partner
>OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
>http://www.osr.com
>

Cheers,
R. Yang
- Windows Kernel Developer [Custom Dev and Consulting]


Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17

You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: xxxxx@gmail.com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com