question on persisting WPP tracing using Autologger across reboots

Asking ntdev as many WPP questions have been answered here.

On Jan 6, 2015, at 11:00 PM, Arun M. Krishnakumar wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using WPP logging from my minifilter and am setting it up using Autologger. I find that it is not persisted across reboots. The file is cleaned up every time the machine is restarted. I am tying to find out options to have a behavior which enables circular logging with a file size.
>
> I have tried the following LogFileMode options mentioned in the msdn article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364080(v=vs.85).aspx):
>
> 1. EVENT_TRACE_FILE_MODE_CIRCULAR: this is a circular log and I can specify a MaxFileSize after which it writes in a circular fashion. This is what I would like to get but with persistence across reboots.
>
> 2. EVENT_TRACE_FILE_MODE_APPEND | EVENT_TRACE_FILE_MODE_SEQUENTIAL: This is persisted across reboots but as per documentation logging stops when the maximum size is reached.
>
> 3. EVENT_TRACE_FILE_MODE_NEWFILE: I could work with this but this is not allowed for AutoLogger mechanism as per documentation and a trial shows that it doesn’t work.
>
> 4. Using MaxFileSize and FileMax: this could work but unfortunately a new log is created on every reboot, not when the MaxFileSize is reached.
>
> I basically need EVENT_TRACE_FILE_MODE_CIRCULAR with persistence. Is this possible with AutoLogger ?
>
>
> Thanks,
>