Problem about encrypting doc files in rdr

Hi,
I am developing encryption file system filter driver.In my filter dirver,i hook the local file system and lanman redirector’s writing operation and encrypt the data.It works fine for local file system(both notepad and doc are ok).However,when i opened a *.doc file(notepad files is ok) which was on the remote, writed something into it and saved it,the problem came along:the changed doc could not be saved and the WINWORD.EXE gave me an error like “disk is full or memory is not enough”.What did happen?

I has reviewed most of the posts about the similar problem in the list.And i also noticed the *.tmp file of the WINWORD.When i traced the process in my filter,i found that,in the dispatch entry pointer for the IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION of my filter,the saving process of doc to local file system dealed with some IRPs like this:
— some IRPs with the FileInformationClass==FileEndOfFileInformation and FileInformationClass==FileEndOfFileInformation
— IRP with the FileInformationCalss == FileRenameInformation
— IRP with the FileInformationCalss == FileDispositionInformation
while,i couldn’t find the IRP with the FileInformationCalss == FileRenameInformation in the saving process of doc which existed in the remote.Why the WINWORD deal the file saving differently between local file system and rdr? What did happen really? Who give me some advice to solve it will be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Frank Zhou

it can be that file is first saved in a temp file and further renamed into actaual one…in this way u are not receiving the correct IRP for exact file…!!!

in this case check for the file which is going to be renamed on the orginal one…and encrypt whole file in case the renamed is requested by the appication and going to happen…1!!!

try this i m sure u r receving the same consequences in case of MSDEV …!!

it use the same techinique while saving the sorce file…!!!

i think it will give u some hint…!!!

Any reason for the extra “!!!”?

xxxxx@yahoo.com wrote:

it can be that file is first saved in a temp file and further renamed into actaual one…in this way u are not receiving the correct IRP for exact file…!!!

in this case check for the file which is going to be renamed on the orginal one…and encrypt whole file in case the renamed is requested by the appication and going to happen…1!!!

try this i m sure u r receving the same consequences in case of MSDEV …!!

it use the same techinique while saving the sorce file…!!!

i think it will give u some hint…!!!

Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17

You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: xxxxx@alfasp.com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com

King regards, Dejan
http://www.alfasp.com
File system audit, security and encryption kits.

that’s my style

:slight_smile:

!!!