Preventing access to a drive

Hello,
I have written a KMDF nonpnp driver using WINDDK 6001.18002 version.This driver creates a ramdisk drive (Z:). Now, I want to restrict access to this drive.I made the drive invisible as well as inaccessible through explorer and run by changing registry values.But if any other browser other than internet explorer is used, the contents of the drive are visible. How to prevent this and at the same time, programatically the files in the drive should be accessible. please help me how to prevent directory listing?

try minifilter driver: VOLUME MOUNT OPERATIONS

Is this supposed to limit access to a certain user or set of users? If so, why don’t you just lock it down with an ACL or encrypt it? You could remove the traverse checking privilege if you really wanted to do so.

mm

>with an ACL or encrypt it? You could remove the traverse checking privilege if you really wanted to do

Beware of this.

CreateProcess code requires this privilege to traverse the pathname of the Win32 API port, and this occurs with Fast User Switching only (without FUS, the pathname of the port is shorter and is parsable even without the privilege).

Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP
xxxxx@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com