PCI Start Device Pnp Resource Data Structure and Walter Oney's "Programming The Mictosoft Windows Dr

Hello,

OK … I have a new PCI. I know vendor id and device id. I am doing experiment using code like Chapter 7 (pci42) in Walter Oney’s book. But the port info in the PCM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST is non-existent. Why? I am loading my driver via Hardware Device Wizard using a .inf like Chapter 7.

Thanks and regards, Vasili N Galchin

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS’ NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

BTW, the pointer pFullResourceDesc (pci42 example) is NULL. My understanding is that either the PCI bus driver and/or PnP manager will build the PCM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST. Why is my resource list empty?
Regards, Vasili

Galchin Vasili wrote:
Hello,

OK … I have a new PCI. I know vendor id and device id. I am doing experiment using code like Chapter 7 (pci42) in Walter Oney’s book. But the port info in the PCM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST is non-existent. Why? I am loading my driver via Hardware Device Wizard using a .inf like Chapter 7.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS’ NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! — You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@yahoo.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.comng

Do you Yahoo!?

Hello,
As long as i specify "PCI\VEN_nnnn&DEV_mmmm in my .inf file, the PCI bus driver should be called, yes???
Regards, Vasili

Galchin Vasili wrote:
BTW, the pointer pFullResourceDesc (pci42 example) is NULL. My understanding is that either the PCI bus driver and/or PnP manager will build the PCM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST. Why is my resource list empty?
Regards, Vasili

Galchin Vasili wrote:
Hello,

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS’ NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! — You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@yahoo.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.comng

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS’ NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop! — You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@yahoo.com To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com

Do you Yahoo!?