NDIS 6.0

Hi,

I would like to reduce the number of indications that ProtocolReceiveNetBufferLists function receives in NDIS 6.0. Is there any way to control that?

Maxim

Because there is no answer, try to formulate my question in another :slight_smile:

NDIS calls the handler ProtocolReceiveNetBufferLists of my Protocol Driver with the NetBufferLists which contents from 1 to 12 packets. Is there a way to configure the NDIS such a way as to always call this handler with NetBufferLists was just one packets?

You cannot control this behavior. You must live with that is presented to
you.

Good luck,

Thomas F. Divine

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of xxxxx@rambler.ru
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:32 AM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: RE:[ntdev] NDIS 6.0

Because there is no answer, try to formulate my question in another :slight_smile:

NDIS calls the handler ProtocolReceiveNetBufferLists of my Protocol Driver
with the NetBufferLists which contents from 1 to 12 packets. Is there a way
to configure the NDIS such a way as to always call this handler with
NetBufferLists was just one packets?

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at
http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

Well, we will live.

Thank you!

One more question:

At the opening of the adapter to NDIS 6.0, you can specify a list of frame types. But states
that NDIS does not guarantee that a protocol driver will receive only packets with frame types that match the types in the array. Is it possible to set a certain frame type, that the handler is called
only packets with this type?

If the documentation says that a Protocol driver may get a different type of frame that expected put extra lines and the driver could filter all receive frames. In a Protocol driver it is easy to do. In fact, a Protocol driver usually design to do such things. What is a problem exactly?

Igor Sharovar
Hewlett-Packard

xxxxx@rambler.ru wrote:

One more question:

At the opening of the adapter to NDIS 6.0, you can specify a list of frame types. But states
that NDIS does not guarantee that a protocol driver will receive only packets with frame types that match the types in the array. Is it possible to set a certain frame type, that the handler is called
only packets with this type?

A short answer: do all the checks yourself.
Protocol drivers are prepared to receive anything and check their input.
( Why? Because! )

Regards,
– pa

OK.

Thanks to all!