mirrordd bitcount

Hi,

is possible the mirror display driver to use a different bitcount?

I don’t care what bitcount my main display driver is using, as a mirror and considering that I am handle all draw operation (bypassing to GDI), Can I set to always use like 16 bpp?

Another ‘way’ to do that, is converting manually, however, I GDI can handle it, I think it’s better in performance.

If it’s possible, What do I have to ‘set’ before DrvEnablePDEV(…), because I receive DEVMODEW *, and It’s not ‘polite’ change the value, it will produce some error. Maybe limiting the mirrordd options of modes?? but if it’s limited, how the OS will handle in a mode that is different that supported by the mirrordd?

Thank’s for any information,

Guilherme

xxxxx@ieee.org wrote:

is possible the mirror display driver to use a different bitcount?

I don’t care what bitcount my main display driver is using, as a mirror and considering that I am handle all draw operation (bypassing to GDI), Can I set to always use like 16 bpp?

It’s not documented, but apparently a mirror driver can support
DrvGetModes to document the modes you would like to support.

If it’s possible, What do I have to ‘set’ before DrvEnablePDEV(…), because I receive DEVMODEW *, and It’s not ‘polite’ change the value, it will produce some error. Maybe limiting the mirrordd options of modes?? but if it’s limited, how the OS will handle in a mode that is different that supported by the mirrordd?

Mirror drivers are supported by the same code that supports
multi-monitor. In fact, mirror drivers came into being kind of as an
accident, when the team adding multi-monitor support realized that it
would do mirror drivers for free. The multi-monitor code is perfectly
capable of handling almost arbtrary combinations of surface sizes and
depths.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.