Making my driver install more user friendly

Hey guys,

I have a custom device driver that I wrote over the summer and I would like to improve the install process for it. When I plug in the device it shows up in device manager as three entries under the Human Interface Devices section: a USB-input Device and two HID-compliant devices (I make the computer think the device is a mouse and a keyboard). So, when I install the driver I right click on USB-input Device, click update driver and tell the install wizard where the .inf file is as you would normally when installing a new driver. After I have done this, however, I have to go back and right click on the other entries called HID-compliant device one at a time and install the HID-keyboard driver for one and HID-compliant mouse driver for the other. What I want to do is have the system install everything for me when I tell it to update the driver for the original USB-input Device listing.

Can anyone help me out with this or point me in the direction of some good information on this/how to do this? Can I do this through the .inf file?

Thanks for your help and time

Make an installer app to install all components. Maybe, simply use dpinst.
– pa

On 31-Oct-2013 15:51, xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

Hey guys,

I have a custom device driver that I wrote over the summer and I would like to improve the install process for it. When I plug in the device it shows up in device manager as three entries under the Human Interface Devices section: a USB-input Device and two HID-compliant devices (I make the computer think the device is a mouse and a keyboard). So, when I install the driver I right click on USB-input Device, click update driver and tell the install wizard where the .inf file is as you would normally when installing a new driver. After I have done this, however, I have to go back and right click on the other entries called HID-compliant device one at a time and install the HID-keyboard driver for one and HID-compliant mouse driver for the other. What I want to do is have the system install everything for me when I tell it to update the driver for the original USB-input Device listing.

Can anyone help me out with this or point me in the direction of some good information on this/how to do this? Can I do this through the .inf file?

Thanks for your help and time