How to Idenfiying the RAID Controller?

Hello Everybody,
I have one tool which is identifying all the hardware connected to the system. Currently i am working for storage device controllers. Now i can find the SCSI controller, IDE Controller etc information by using the WMI.
Now the condition is like the system is having RAID controller may be on IDE,SCSI or PCI. I can find the particullar storage controller, but how can i make sure that which controller is RAID configured?
In simple word i want to find the RAID controllers connected to the system?
Whether any one is having any idea, Please help me.
Thanking you in advance.

Mark Roddy

Generally this is vendor specific. The device appears to the OS as a
standard disk device with its RAID qualities and management available
only through vendor specific interfaces. There are some industry
standards for reporting this information but in particular pc class
raid devices are unlikely to provide these interfaces.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:10 AM, wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I have one tool which is identifying all the hardware connected to the system. Currently i am working for storage device controllers. Now i can find the SCSI controller, IDE Controller etc information by using the WMI.
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Now the condition is like the system is having RAID controller may be on IDE,SCSI or PCI. I can find the particullar storage controller, but how can i make sure that which controller is RAID configured?
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? In simple word i want to find the RAID controllers connected to the system?
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Whether any one is having any idea, Please help me.
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanking you in advance.
>
> β€”
> NTDEV is sponsored by OSR
>
> For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
> http://www.osr.com/seminars
>
> To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
>

xxxxx@hotmail.com wrote:

I have one tool which is identifying all the hardware connected to the system. Currently i am working for storage device controllers. Now i can find the SCSI controller, IDE Controller etc information by using the WMI.
Now the condition is like the system is having RAID controller may be on IDE,SCSI or PCI. I can find the particullar storage controller, but how can i make sure that which controller is RAID configured?
In simple word i want to find the RAID controllers connected to the system?

Not possible. They are all mass storage controllers. RAID is just an
implementation detail.

Why do you need this?

–
Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Firstly thank you for your valuable comments.

Why do you need this?

>Actually we want to collect the whole information of storage devices like its InterrupLine, Base Address, HostBusAddress etc.
So we aslo want to catagoried them whether they are RAID controller or just the storage controller which is not RAID configured.

xxxxx@hotmail.com wrote:

Firstly thank you for your valuable comments.

Why do you need this?

>> Actually we want to collect the whole information of storage devices like its InterrupLine, Base Address, HostBusAddress etc.
>>

Ah, so it’s just for fun.

Storage devices do not have interrupt lines or base addresses. Some
storage CONTROLLERS certainly do, but some do not. Consider USB or 1394
drives, for instance.

So we aslo want to catagoried them whether they are RAID controller or just the storage controller which is not RAID configured.

You may end up having to have an enumerated list of known RAID
controllers in your software.

–
Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.