How to display a dummy printer in print property sheets of any reporting application?

I have learned all the basics about virtual printer development from OSROnline and Windows DDK… Now i am going to develop a image printer or Virtual printer for Windows platform… The stage is to display a dummy printer driver in almost any reporting application’s PRINT PROPERTY SHEET… So please any body help me in knowing how to add a dummy printer to Control panel’s “printers and faxes” sheet and then display it in all the reporting applications…

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

I have learned all the basics about virtual printer development from OSROnline and Windows DDK… Now i am going to develop a image printer or Virtual printer for Windows platform… The stage is to display a dummy printer driver in almost any reporting application’s PRINT PROPERTY SHEET… So please any body help me in knowing how to add a dummy printer to Control panel’s “printers and faxes” sheet and then display it in all the reporting applications…

Didn’t we already respond to this? There are a number of sample printer
drivers in the DDK, and at least the “emf” sample is virtual. In
addition, there are a couple of open source projects which implement a
virtual printer driver (PDFCreator, for one). Any of them would be a
good starting point.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thank you!!! But i want to do every thing in a step by step fashion, rather than getting the whole thing at once… So, what to do to display a dummy printer driver in all the reporting applications’ print property sheet…(Then only i am going for converting the document into PDF or other formats…)

Thank you Tim!!! i got it working, by following the steps given in pdfcreator from ghost script which you have suggested!!! But it is taking me through wizard… How to do it programatically in C… Suggest me if you know the answer…