Having to set Kd_xxx_Mask every time in WinDbg

I have a debugger connected to a machine running the signing tests using the latest WLK.
At the moment, I am running the Sleep Stress With IO test, which turn driver verifier on.

I am getting lots of traces from SXS and FUSION, so I set the CCS\control\Debug Print Filter keys to set their mask to 0. However this makes no difference. Eventually I get hundreds of traces from fusion (looking like this :
d:\rtm\base\win32\function\inc(file…)(line) : …Entered (function name)
etc…

I always have to reset
Kd_SXS_Mask and Kd_FUSION_Mask to 0 despite the fact they are set in the registry.
(using ed nt!Kd_SXS_Mask 0 and ed nt!Kd_FUSION_Mask 0)

Is this by design, something the WLK and/or Driver Verifier do ?

Pierre

This KB (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms792789.aspx) claims you can set registry keys to disable this, but in practice this doesn’t always seem to work. I have the registry keys set and when I fire up WinDBG, I still get the debug chattiness. Maybe something inside of Vista is setting Kd_(Fusion|SxS)_Mask to 0x7fffffff? You’d think that somebody could grep the code for these symbols sometime before shipping.

I wonder if Vista 86 SP1 do this? If I reimage and test with it, I’ll try to remember to check it out.