Getting remote client computer name

Hello all,

I have a filter driver that needs to get the remote client computer name when a file is opened via Lan Manager. The question was already posted last November by Primoz Beltram, and the response was “you must use the impersonation token. There were APIs to access it from IO_SECURITY_CONTEXT”. I’m correctly getting the impersonation token when the client opens the share, but from looking at the APIs in the IFS online help, I couldn’t see any that returns a computer name. I must be missing something. Thanks for any help.

-Mike

I don’t think it is possible. The token does not keep the remote computer name.

Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation
xxxxx@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com

----- Original Message -----
To: Windows File Systems Devs Interest List
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:47 PM
Subject: [ntfsd] Getting remote client computer name

Hello all,

I have a filter driver that needs to get the remote client computer name when a file is opened via Lan Manager. The question was already posted last November by Primoz Beltram, and the response was “you must use the impersonation token. There were APIs to access it from IO_SECURITY_CONTEXT”. I’m correctly getting the impersonation token when the client opens the share, but from looking at the APIs in the IFS online help, I couldn’t see any that returns a computer name. I must be missing something. Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17

You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ‘’
To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com

How do you get the impersonation token? Would you paste the code .Thank you very much.
“Mike Wick” 写入消息新闻:xxxxx@ntfsd…
Hello all,

-Mike

I do it so:
lpToken = SeQuerySubjectContextToken
(&pSL->Parameters.Create.SecurityContext->AccessState->SubjectSecurityContex
t);
VPR

“timixu” wrote in message news:xxxxx@ntfsd…
How do you get the impersonation token? Would you paste the code .Thank you
very much.
“Mike Wick” ???:xxxxx@ntfsd…
Hello all,

I have a filter driver that needs to get the remote client computer name
when a file is opened via Lan Manager. The question was already posted last
November by Primoz Beltram, and the response was “you must use the
impersonation token. There were APIs to access it from
IO_SECURITY_CONTEXT”. I’m correctly getting the impersonation token when
the client opens the share, but from looking at the APIs in the IFS online
help, I couldn’t see any that returns a computer name. I must be missing
something. Thanks for any help.

-Mike

Maxim is correct; there is no way to get this information today.

I know it does not help your immediate problem be we are fixing this in longhorn.

Neal Christiansen
Microsoft File System Filter Group Lead
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no Rights

From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of Maxim S. Shatskih
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ntfsd] Getting remote client computer name

??? I don’t think it is possible. The token does not keep the remote computer name.
?
Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
StorageCraft Corporation
xxxxx@storagecraft.com
http://www.storagecraft.com
?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:47 PM
Subject: [ntfsd] Getting remote client computer name

Hello all,
?
I have a filter driver that needs to get the remote client computer name when a file is opened via Lan Manager.? The question was already posted last November by Primoz Beltram, and the response was “you must use the impersonation token.? There were APIs to access it from IO_SECURITY_CONTEXT”.? I’m correctly getting the impersonation token when the client opens the share, but from looking at the APIs in the IFS online help, I couldn’t see any that returns a computer name.? I must be missing something.? Thanks for any help.
?
-Mike

Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17