file system filter testing with DTM

Hi,

have anyone successfully setup and run DTM tests for AV/file system filter drivers?
I could hardly setup a DTM Controller, Studio & Client configuration, installed on the client my filter driver, made several experimental tests on different drivers; but I just can’t figure out where to find and how to execute the DTM tests corresponding to the HCT 12.1 Anti-Virus/File System Filter tests; can anyone give me some advice / help?

thank you in advance,

Alex

btw, one basic problem is that my filter driver appears in the Device Console under Other devices -> UNKNOWN driver, and there are no selectable jobs for it; as far as I can figure out, this is not normal, but I don’t know any workaround to make DTM recognize it; any ideas?

Alex

just a hint,

search for “Windows Vista Storage Support And Logo Requirements” on MS,
it states that:
"The Unclassified Signature Program may be used to sign drivers which
previously could not be signed, because there was no Windows Logo program

• File System drivers
  • Third Party Bus drivers
  • Applications
    Some drivers previously submitted under closed logo programs will be
    submitted under Unclassified
  • Anti-virus
    All drivers submitted to Unclassified must be INF based"

so you might need to use Unclassified Signature tests for your driver,

Sandor LUKACS

xxxxx@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,

have anyone successfully setup and run DTM tests for AV/file system filter drivers?
I could hardly setup a DTM Controller, Studio & Client configuration, installed on the client my filter driver, made several experimental tests on different drivers; but I just can’t figure out where to find and how to execute the DTM tests corresponding to the HCT 12.1 Anti-Virus/File System Filter tests; can anyone give me some advice / help?

thank you in advance,

Alex

Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17

This message was scanned for viruses by BitDefender for Linux Mail Servers.
For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/