Error from ZwCreateFile().

While processing an IRP_MN_QUERY_DIRECTORY request, I call ZwCreateFile(). Two instances that trigger this action are when the user clicks on my volume in the ‘folders’ bar in Windows Explorer to view the root directory, and similarly when they click on my volume in the selection window of Veritas Backup Exec application. In the Explorer instance, everything works fine, but with Backup Exec, I get STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND from ZwCreateFile(). As far as I can tell, the calls are made with identical parameters. Can anyone enlighten be about what would cause this?

Thanks.

Jeff Nygren

As far as I know, the MJ_DIRECTORY_CONTROL is running at APC_LEVEL and
ZwCreateFile requires PASSIVE_LEVEL. I had the same need for calling
ZwCreateFile and I solved it by using worker threads.

xxxxx@KrollOntrack.com wrote:

While processing an IRP_MN_QUERY_DIRECTORY request, I call ZwCreateFile(). Two instances that trigger this action are when the user clicks on my volume in the ‘folders’ bar in Windows Explorer to view the root directory, and similarly when they click on my volume in the selection window of Veritas Backup Exec application. In the Explorer instance, everything works fine, but with Backup Exec, I get STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND from ZwCreateFile(). As far as I can tell, the calls are made with identical parameters. Can anyone enlighten be about what would cause this?

Thanks.

Jeff Nygren

You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: xxxxx@ipdevel.ro
To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com