DTM - Run Pnpd test, Device Path Exerciser

Hi,

We are working on USb Com port driver and now running the DTM testing (DTM 1.5.7565.000, XP-X86, KMDF).

However right now, “Run Pnpd test” is failing.
Further error shows, execute “cmd /c PnpdSurpriseTest.cmd” failed.

Is this the command which failed?
if yes, How to run this command on my DTM client/target PC manually , as I need to see where my driver is failing (using debug).

Is it ok, if chk build is used for this, so that I can also use the existing DTM client as my Target PC and setup using Null-Modem cable to debug in kernel mode on different PC?

Also, “Run Device Path Exerciser” is failing, how to identify at which command it failed, as it has not produced any detail error message, this failed case too I want to run manually to debug.

> However right now, “Run Pnpd test” is failing.

Further error shows, execute “cmd /c PnpdSurpriseTest.cmd” failed.

Is this the command which failed?

What does the task log say? Generally, the task logs provide more detail.

if yes, How to run this command on my DTM client/target PC manually , as I need to see where my driver is failing (using debug).

Is it ok, if chk build is used for this, so that I can also use the existing DTM client as my Target PC and setup using Null-Modem
cable to debug in kernel mode on different PC?

Yes, you can enable the debug options and attach the target machine to a debugger. This way, not only can you see your driver’s
debug messages you can also see any additional DTM test related messages and/or warnings. For example, any power IRP watchdog
timeouts are printed on the debugger with the actual device object, so you can break in and check on the status if necessary.

Thanks,

For “Surprise removal” we got below message from the Task log

“GetStatus: Device node status not ok: problem code 10”