Disk Driver

On Winnt “\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0” was a Device Object doing that we can access MBR. On Windows 2000 “\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0” is a Symbolic Link to “\Device\Dr0” .

On windows NT I has attaced me to Patition0, but on Windows 2000 I need Attach to DR0. My problem is that when I attach me to DR0 I am attached upper the other filter drivers (“PartMgr” and “DiskPerf”).

Need I implement the AddDevice routine in Windows 2000 to attach me lower than PartMgr ?

Thanks in advance,

Heldai

You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: $subst(‘Recip.EmailAddr’)
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com

correct way of attaching as lower or upper filter driver to some FDO is thru AddDevice and writting an installer program for your driver. If u try attaching NT way ( like u seem to be suggesting) than you would attaching to only devices which are there at boot time and again the device name would be hardcoded, which is not really elegant( or correct ) way. Make you driver PnP enabled ( use AddDevice) and use the Group and Start values to control load order.

Thanks,

Pashupati Kumar
Engineering - Celestra1.7
New Delhi, India.

xxxxx@legato.com
Ph: +91-11-6826622/410/846(ext-165)

----- Original Message -----
To: NT Developers Interest List
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 8:23 PM
Subject: [ntdev] Disk Driver

On Winnt “\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0” was a Device Object doing that we can access MBR. On Windows 2000 “\Device\Harddisk0\Partition0” is a Symbolic Link to “\Device\Dr0” .

On windows NT I has attaced me to Patition0, but on Windows 2000 I need Attach to DR0. My problem is that when I attach me to DR0 I am attached upper the other filter drivers (“PartMgr” and “DiskPerf”).

Need I implement the AddDevice routine in Windows 2000 to attach me lower than PartMgr ?

Thanks in advance,

Heldai

You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@Legato.COM
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-ntdev-$subst(‘Recip.MemberIDChar’)@lists.osr.com

Thanks Pashupati,

Heldai
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 1:17 AM
Subject: [ntdev] Re: Disk Driver

correct way of attaching as lower or upper filter driver to some FDO is thru AddDevice and writting an installer program for your driver. If u try attaching NT way ( like u seem to be suggesting) than you would attaching to only devices which are there at boot time and again the device name would be hardcoded, which is not really elegant( or correct ) way. Make you driver PnP enabled ( use AddDevice) and use the Group and Start values to control load order.

Thanks,

Pashupati Kumar
Engineering - Celestra1.7
New Delhi, India.

xxxxx@legato.com
Ph: +91-11-6826622/410/846(ext-165)

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 8:23 PM
Subject: [ntdev] Disk Driver

Thanks in advance,

Heldai

You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@Legato.COM

You are currently subscribed to ntdev as: xxxxx@scuasecurity.com.br