“Did not find product ID” with SurfaceDevCenterManager v1.0.0.0

Hello!
I found exactly the same problem here published 2 years ago without answers.
I try to add now additional information.
Probably currently somebody give me the hint.
Problem occurs only on the single build server, on others the same packet is working...

Jenkins Log:

16:07:23 Attestation Submission
16:07:23
16:07:23 > Create Product
16:07:23 * Create JSON
16:07:23 * Submit
16:12:55 Did not find product ID
16:12:55 SurfaceDevCenterManager v1.0.0.0
16:12:55 > Create Option
16:12:55 Unhandled Exception:
16:12:55 System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
16:12:55 at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.d__58.MoveNext()
16:12:55 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
16:12:55 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
16:12:55 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
16:12:55 at SurfaceDevCenterManager.Program.Main(String args) in C:\Projects\SDCM\SurfaceDevCenterManager\Program.cs:line 60
16:12:55 Last Command:
16:12:55 ERROR (DevCenterErrorDetails)

The problem occurs inside Microsoft's SDCM Attestation.ps1 file.
Pay attention, please on timeout between "Submit" and "Did not find product ID". It's more then 5 min.!?!
Means, something happened inside the code:

Write-Output " * Submit"
$output = & $SCDM -create CreateAttest.json

if (-not ([string]$output -match "--- Product: (\d+)")) {
Write-Output "Did not find product ID"
Write-Output $output
return -1
}

Where $SCDM = ".\sdcm.exe" (defined above).

Thank you for help!
Best Regards,
MG.

No recommendations here. :crying_cat_face:
I took the last SDCM from GitHub, built it and received the same problem.
Currently the other question, probably i get over my problem from other side.

All drivers that I have are upper level and not hardware.
As written "SDCM enables you to create Attestation and WHQL products, submissions, download the resulting signed packages, and manage shipping labels to release software on Windows Update. This tool is based on the Hardware Dashboard API."

Question: Do I need really use SDCM for NOT hardware drivers? Or I may sign SYSs by official certificate same as I signing EXEs and DLLs?

ALL kernel-mode modules need to be signed by Microsoft.

What kind of driver is this? If the tool couldn't find a product ID in the INF, then I'm wondering if it is a non-PnP ("legacy") driver, installed as a service. That takes different processing. Perhaps you should post your INF file.

Tim,
Thank you for replay!

1. It's security Product. So all drivers are different filters plus instrumentation.
    What is important, 10 years ago I had startup Product included filter driver and I remember, I signed it, but did not register in WHQL. So Sdcm was not used.
    Probably demands was changed and currently it's obligated.
    My current firm is large and I did not find person inside, who would response for it. Firm standart - use SDCM... :slight_smile:

2. I fixed the problem! The SDCM set which I took was damaged, not all files included. The strange for me that SDCM.exe - mcrisift application, has not reasonable diagnostic such as "can't load DLL" or open file" etc. :frowning: