Delay Write Problem

Hi All
I am facing a strange problem. My moto is to write my own header into a file generated by any type of application. when i am trying this with winword.exe it’s happening like this…

A) In to IRP_MJ_CLEANUP (there i am doing flush and purge of cache ) if i put any break point __asm{Int 3; } (since i am using SoftICE) before flushing and purging of cache data and debug slowlly. Cache is written properly in to a file. And file gets save.

B) But if I remove those brack points and run my application. Some unknown problem occur (mostly related to cache, which i am not able to figur out). And file wont get saved.

It means delay in flushing and purging is making some impact.

Please help me out into this.

Thankx In Advance
Raghwendra

Disclaimer:
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use

Flollowed to my previous mail … what is a difference is do flush and purge of cache on IRP_MJ_CLEANUP OR If i do it On IRP_MJ_CREATE_COMPLETE
----- Original Message -----
To: Windows File Systems Devs Interest List
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:39 PM
Subject: [ntfsd] Delay Write Problem

Hi All
I am facing a strange problem. My moto is to write my own header into a file generated by any type of application. when i am trying this with winword.exe it’s happening like this…

A) In to IRP_MJ_CLEANUP (there i am doing flush and purge of cache ) if i put any break point __asm{Int 3; } (since i am using SoftICE) before flushing and purging of cache data and debug slowlly. Cache is written properly in to a file. And file gets save.

B) But if I remove those brack points and run my application. Some unknown problem occur (mostly related to cache, which i am not able to figur out). And file wont get saved.

It means delay in flushing and purging is making some impact.

Please help me out into this.

Thankx In Advance
Raghwendra

Questions? First check the IFS FAQ at https://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=17

You are currently subscribed to ntfsd as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ‘’
To unsubscribe send a blank email to xxxxx@lists.osr.com *********************************************************
Disclaimer:
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use

Disclaimer: