Can I load and initialize tcpip.sys as boot driver (start=0) on WinXP ?

Hi, everyone

Can I load and initialize tcpip.sys as boot driver (start=0) on WinXP ?

i wrote a kernel mode TDI client, and i want it to have network communication ablity since boot stage. On Win2K, it works well, but when i migrate it to WinXP, it fail with error code NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE (0xc000023d). I guess the reason is that Tcpip.sys hasn’t started normally, but i don’t known how to solve it.

to get my TDI client work, it need do some modification in registry, mainly changes are alter the ‘Start’ value of services.
On Win2K, my registry modifications are:

1. Set Tcpip.sys ‘Start’ value to 0, originally 1
  2. Set Rtl8139.sys (my NIC driver) ‘Start’ value to 0, originally 3
  3. Set My TDI client ‘Start’ value to 0, ‘Group’ set to ‘PNP_TDI’

On WinXP, my registry modifications are:

1. Set Tcpip.sys ‘Start’ value to 0, originally 1
  2. Set IPSec.sys ‘Start’ value to 0, orignally 1
  3. Set Rtl8139.sys (my NIC driver) ‘Start’ value to 0, originally 3
  4. Set My TDI client ‘Start’ value to 0, ‘Group’ set to ‘PNP_TDI’

i have try many times with that registry setting on WinXP, and i’m sure that the driver loading order is Rtl8139.sys, IPSec.sys, Tcpip.sys and My TDI client driver.

Why it can’t work? Is WinXP’s protocol driver greatly different with Win2K’s? Why WinXP migrate IPSec from a service to a driver ?

Actrually, i use that kernel mode TDI client as part of my virtual network disk, and i use it to boot window operating system. I have successfully boot Win2K with it, but if i can’t re-use WinXP’s Tcpip, i have to write my own protocol stack, that will be a hard work.

thanks in advance.

WeiYu, Dong

¸Ï¿ì×¢²áÑÅ»¢³¬´óÈÝÁ¿Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏä?
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com