[AVStream] Keep capture filter settings persistent per application ?

When a user application creates an instance of our kernel mode capture filter, we offer a user mode interface (+ property page) to change a number of settings on the filter.
Is there a way to make these settings persistent, e.g. write them to the registry and re-apply them the next time a filter instance is created by this same application ?
In other words, is there a way to uniquely identify which process has created the filter (+ the interface instance ) ?
Suppose you want a particular contrast setting of your webcam each time it is used by e.g. lync ?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort,

• Bernard Willaert
    Barco, Healthcare Division
    Belgium

xxxxx@barco.com wrote:

When a user application creates an instance of our kernel mode capture filter, we offer a user mode interface (+ property page) to change a number of settings on the filter.
Is there a way to make these settings persistent, e.g. write them to the registry and re-apply them the next time a filter instance is created by this same application ?

You can certainly persist your settings to the registry globally. I’ve
done that, although it has not always been intuitive, and for some
clients I’ve actually removed it later. It should be up to the
applications.

In other words, is there a way to uniquely identify which process has created the filter (+ the interface instance ) ?
Suppose you want a particular contrast setting of your webcam each time it is used by e.g. lync ?

Philosophically, it is up to Lync to do that, not you. You aren’t
responsible for application-specific settings. How would you do that?
All you can get is the executable’s file name, and that’s not guaranteed
to be unique.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thanks, Tim!
That is what I expected .