Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

UMDF, Configure Request Dispatching.

RezaReza Member Posts: 9

For I/O Queues we saw that after each CreateIoQueue that is not the default we should have at least one ConfigureRequestDispatching, but in the example of the UMDF FX2 driver in the Device.cpp file despite the fact that on line 272 for m_ControlQueue, a ConfigureRequestDispatching with WdfRequestDeviceIoControl type Considered, but does not provide any ConfigureRequestDispatching for m_SwitchChangeQueue. So how does the framework know which category of I/Os should be sent to m_SwitchChangeQueue?
Best regards.

Comments

• RezaReza Member Posts: 9

Please delete this discussion, I found answer... :)

• MBond2MBond2 Member Posts: 362

common decency suggests that we shouldn't delete a discussion that you started, but rather that we ask you what your answer was

• RezaReza Member Posts: 9

Dear MBond2
    I found that when a queue with manual dispatching is created, it doesn't need callback for processing any requests, actually this is queue itself that start request to get information from device with such command as RetrieveNextRequest! this is only way for a driver to send information to an application.
    Thanks

• MBond2MBond2 Member Posts: 362

thank you