Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Problem starting IddSampleDriver

DannyRocheDannyRoche Member Posts: 4
edited March 15 in NTDEV

Hello,

Like many others before I am trying to get IddSampleDriver running on Server 2019 (1809). Although I am able to build and install it successfully I see errors when I enable it from device manager.
Looking for pointers from folks who have managed to get this sample to run successfully.

Things I have tried so far:

• Enabled Verbose=On and Verifier using WDF Test Features Control Panel
  • Set 'IddCxDebugCtrl' registry key to 7F
  • Enabled tracing using: 'logman create trace IddCx -o IddCx.etl -ets -ow -mode sequential -p {D92BCB52-FA78-406F-A9A5-2037509FADEA} 0x5 0x5'
  • Attached to WdfHost.exe using debugger and run '!wdflogdump IddCx' and '!wdflogdump IddSampleDriver'
  • Set breakpoint on IddSampleDriver.exe!DllMain. I can single step through that however in the sample it doesn't do anything.
  • I am seeing that the DriverEntry is not being called. verified by setting a breakpoint
  • I am seeing that the 'iddcx!IddCxLibraryBindClient' is throwing an exception (ex code: e06d7363 ) but I am unable to see the exception message or the object. I can share the windbg analyze output.

The error I see in the event logs is:

Device SWD\IddSampleDriver\IddSampleDriver had a problem starting.
Driver Name: oem96.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: WUDFRd
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: IndirectKmd
Problem: 0x1F
Problem Status: 0xC0000001

Log entries in IddCx: There are 3 log entries
--- start of log ---
1: FxIFRStart - FxIFR logging started
2: FxInitialize - Initialize globals for SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WUDF\Services\IddCx0102
3: FxPoolInitialize - Initializing Pool 0x000002258D057538, Tracking 1
---- end of log ----

Thanks
Danny

Comments