WDDM display driver help

xxxxx@slscorp.com wrote:

i have tested two options of memory segment support of virtual adpater:

1. frame buffer , means aperture flag is disable of segment descriptor’s flag member.
  2. also tried with setting of aperture flag to true and saying that my adapter will support aperture space segment.

results of tests:

case 1. after queryAdapterInfo(DRIVER_CAPABILITIES) it calls’ drivers stopDevice and unloadDriver callback interfaces.
case 2. immediately after querying segment descriptors it calls driver’s BuildPagingBuffer(MAP_APERTURE_SPACE_SEGMENT for primary surface because at that call hDevice is null) interface but fails(PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA) because i am not doing nothing in it and just returing success.

i don’t know why it stops my driver in option 1 ? has any body idea @ this one ?

No. Now you’re into implementation details, and I’ve never actually
done a WDDM driver.

Why don’t you actually assign some physical memory when you’re asked to
build the paging buffer?

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

paras prajapati

Have you find the other software which is a virtual dispaly driver and it is supported on Windows 7/Vista with WDDM?

Allen

hi all,

allen :
no i haven’t study about display link driver but i want to implement the same thing for vista/win7.
I think all usb display adapters supported in vista/win7 are WDDM drivers because they can co-exist with current pc graphics adapter. and at least i had seen DisplayLink usb adapter supported for vista/win7.
am i write ?

tim :

i have already allocated physical contiguous memory for it( for frame buffer but for memory space segment it unloads my driver). os already gives me a MDL to map in my aperture virtual address space( that MDL has already physical pages allocated). So, now i have to map those physical pages in my virtual address space so i think i don’t have to allocate physical pages for it as per i read @ aperture segment in WDK.

does anybody have idea that what os will do after calling buildPagingBuffer for map_aperture_segment , whether it will write directly to that physical page using virtual address for which MDL was given or will write to segment’s physical base address given in segment descriptor.

i am confused whether i am write or wrong here ? and also having doubt why os unloads my driver for memory space segment support ( for frame buffer implementation )

thanks for any ideas/suggestions…

> I think all usb display adapters supported in vista/win7 are WDDM drivers

because they can co-exist with current pc graphics adapter.
I don’t think so, It doesn’t mean that are WDDM drivers even if co-exist,
I remember that it is support for the same Hardware Provider only in vista for WDDM, It should be undocoument tech and exceeded the limit in Vista,

i had seen DisplayLink usb adapter supported for vista/win7
Yes, There is a WDDM driver in DisplayLink for Win7.

Actually, I plan to develop a VDD for Vista/Win7 a few months ago, I don’t start it because the other more urgent projects, I’ll come back to this project soon.

i have already allocated physical contiguous memory for it( for frame buffer
but for memory space segment it unloads my driver). os already gives me a MDL to
map in my aperture virtual address space( that MDL has already physical pages
allocated). So, now i have to map those physical pages in my virtual address
space so i think i don’t have to allocate physical pages for it as per i read @
aperture segment in WDK.

does anybody have idea that what os will do after calling buildPagingBuffer for
map_aperture_segment , whether it will write directly to that physical page
using virtual address for which MDL was given or will write to segment’s
physical base address given in segment descriptor.

i am confused whether i am write or wrong here ? and also having doubt why os
unloads my driver for memory space segment support ( for frame buffer
implementation )

thanks for any ideas/suggestions…

Is it necessary to implement vidpn ( video present network) interface in WDDM driver ?