High rate Ethernet packet driver suggestion

IIRC hybrid polling was a feature pioneered by Intel with their Proset software in the early 2000’s. At low volume, interrupts allow the system to do other stuff when there is no data. But at high volume, interrupts reduce performance by causing context switches and contention - polling avoids those problems, but is wasteful when the data rate is too low. The big trick is knowing when to switch modes

@Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)
Thanks for all this knowledge. IRQL PASSIVE_LEVEL, METHOD_OUT_DIRECT etc… I’m not at that deep in windows implementation. All that things are really useful to me.
2.25 million IOPs :open_mouth:

@Tim_Roberts
I’m using Ethernet over copper, but my application has a lower throughput. I’ve also use FT2232H using FT245 (with latency timer set to 0 each packet is transfer at microframe speed), but I’ve not that happy with that. I’ve try to switch to USB CDC implemented in FPGA (2.0 High speed, cause it has microframes at 0.125ms), then I realize the “bottleneck” for my application is the Windows drivers, so USB or Ethernet does not change. And I went here to ask :smile: