Problems with KEYBOARD_INPUT_DATA struct

According to Microsoft doc: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/ntddkbd/ns-ntddkbd-keyboard_input_data

UnitId:
Specifies the unit number of a keyboard device. A keyboard device name has the format \Device\KeyboardPortN, where the suffix N is the unit number of the device. For example, a device, whose name is \Device\KeyboardPort0, has a unit number of zero, and a device, whose name is \Device\KeyboardPort1, has a unit number of one.

Firstly, I can never found a device named “\Device\KeyboardPortN” in my win10 system using Sysinternal’s WinObj. The only name related to keyboard that I could locate is “\Device\KeyboardClassN”. Is it an error with the documentation?

Secondly, after some tests, the UnitId doesn’t seem to be the same as the N in the “\Device\KeyboardClassN” (if this is the actual name).
In one test, in a Virtualbox system running win10 guest where there is an emulated PS/2 keyboard using \Device\KeyboardClass0, and another 2 USB keyboards using \Device\KeyboardClass1 and \Device\KeyboardClass2, the UnitId sent by kbdhid.sys does equal to 1 and 2 presumably corresponding to KeyboardClassN.

But in the another test host win10 where I have only 2 USB keyboards without any PS2 keyboard. The UnitId sent by kbdhid.sys is of value 1 or 2 and never equal to 0 while WinObj indicates i have 2 devices “\Device\KeyboardClass0” and “\Device\KeyboardClass1” corresponding to the 2 usb keyboard devices.

So my 2nd question is what is this UnitId corresponds to?

UnitId is ignored by the entire input processing stack. It can be any value. The fixed device names are pre PnP vestiges. \Device\KeyboardPortN doesn’t exist anymore because the port drivers no longer need to be discoverable by name by kbdclass. \Device\KeyboardClassN exists for app compat reasons. The docs should be updated to frame the OS versions for which they are relevant for.