Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Question regarding Deprecation of Software Publisher Certificates?

13»

Comments

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 8,486

Thread drift.

You submit a “driver package” which includes the. .sys file — It takes 20 minutes or so, assuming the package is properly formatted, first time and every time.

Peter

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

• CaptainFlintCaptainFlint Member Posts: 50

@david_mk85 said:
    I heard that the first submission to account usually takes 1-2 days, but the rest of them will only take 1-2 hours, is this true? because i wonder if they are actually manually analyzing drivers or its all automatic?

I have not experienced this 1-2 days processing. However, it's been a while since I started working with it. I don't remember much of those days, and I'm not sure if I was the first in our company to send an attestation submission. Besides, back then even the Dashboard was completely different. As for the non-first submissions, I can only confirm what Peter said: indeed, it takes about 20 minutes (at least for the packages that I've dealed with so far). It's fully automatic.

• Dejan_MaksimovicDejan_Maksimovic Member - All Emails Posts: 435
    via Email
    Thanks, I wanted to make sure that you differentiate the dashboard
    accepting the cert does not guarantee it is an EV cert. But if it is the
    only valid one, then it does.

Regards, Dejan.
  • Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,963

Well, you need an EV cert to create and maintain the account, but you can register other certs (EV or non-EV) in your dashboard account. Your submissions have to be signed with any one of the registered certs.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• Dejan_MaksimovicDejan_Maksimovic Member - All Emails Posts: 435
    via Email
    Exactly why I asked.