Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Windbg - Symbol _TCP_ENDPOINT not found

ItistimetosleepItistimetosleep Member Posts: 3
edited September 19 in WINDBG

I've been reading "The art of memory forensics", on chapter 11 page 327 they added the output of Windbg dt(_TCP_ENDPOINT)

I have been trying to get the same result with Windbg but I keep getting the same error -

dt(_TCP_ENDPOINT) Symbol _TCP_ENDPOINT not found.

even though I loaded the tcpip.sys symbols file

1: kd> lml start end module name ....... fffff8053bfc0000 fffff8053c2a9000 tcpip (pdb symbols) C:\ProgramData\Dbg\sym\tcpip.pdb\4EF7BCB071F28E1DAAAA937D59B39D121\tcpip.pdb

I dont get this kind of error when looking other Kernel structures,

1: kd> dt(_EPROCESS) ntdll!_EPROCESS +0x000 Pcb : _KPROCESS +0x2e0 ProcessLock : _EX_PUSH_LOCK ......

What am I doing wrong?

Comments