Performance Issue in WS16

Hi,
I am developing a storport mini port driver for a SCSI HBA. The performance of driver is higher in Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter edition as compared to Windows Server 2016 14393 build. I am using the same machine, same tool (IO meter with same configuration) & same driver for various workloads from 512 to 4K to 1M RR/RW/SR/SW.

Do we have any know issues/limitations with storport driver in Windows Server 2016 ? What might be the reason. I debugged StorPortInitializePerfOpts and I am setting STOR_PERF_DPC_REDIRECTION, STOR_PERF_OPTIMIZE_FOR_COMPLETION_DURING_STARTIO & STOR_PERF_CONCURRENT_CHANNELS flags in PERF_CONFIGURATION_DATA

Thanks

Dude… that’s not giving us much to go on.

Want to explain in more detail, please, what perf issues you’re seeing? Throughput? CPU Utilization? Reads? Writes? Long? Short? Random? Sequential? This is a native SCSI HBA (not some sort of other type of storage)?

Peter
OSR
@OSRDrivers

Peter,

It is a native SCSI HBA. Getting more IOPs in WS2012 R2 for random/sequential read/writes from 512 bytes I/O to 4K I/O with different queue depth (using IO meter for performance measurement)

OK.

That’s still not enough info. How can we have a technical discussion without any technical information?

Peter
OSR
@OSRDrivers