Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

How to unplug device after installed by inf file?

baltbalt Member Posts: 13

Hi all,
I want to change my audio driver to unplugged state by default after install inf file.
Can I change something in my .inf file? Or run some command line to do this?
Regards.

Comments

• Doron_HolanDoron_Holan Member - All Emails Posts: 10,645
    What bigger problem are you trying to solve?

Can you clarify what you mean by unplugged? That the mic is unplugged? That the device not show up in device manager?

Is this a root enumerated device?
    d
  • Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 14,111

This is actually fairly easy. Your audio driver is required to support KSPROPERTY_JACK_DESCRIPTION to report the state of your jacks. If you don't support that, Audio Engine won't even talk to you. So, just set IsConnected to false in your default state. When you (presumably) get some event that represents "plugging in", you just change that to TRUE and fire a KSEVENT_PINCAPS_JACKINFOCHANGE event. Audio Engine will then requery for the descriptors and your device will magically appear.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.