Linker error “unresolved external symbol __stdio_common_vsprintf” with RtlStringCbVPrintfA

I am getting Linker error: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __stdio_common_vsprintf referenced in function _vsnprintf_l . I use RtlStringCbVPrintfA and RtlStringCbPrintfA functions in my code, which use _vsnprintf_l. Linkage with ntstrsafe.lib does not help. I have tried the dummy file search, but “__stdio_common_vsprintf” not found in libs in “c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Lib\10.0.17763.0\km\x64” folder and other “km” folders.
I also use RtlStringCbCatA and RtlStringCbCopyA, and they linked OK.
Is it possible get the code with RtlStringCbVPrintfA and RtlStringCbPrintfA properly linked ?

What version of the compiler and the WDK are you using? __stdio_common_vsprintf is part of the Universal SDK in libucrt.lib in user-mode. I’m not sure what the kernel library is.

Windows Driver Kit 10, Version 1809, Build 10.0.17763
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.16.27034 for x64

Tim_Roberts, do you think update to Windows Driver Kit 10, Version 1903 can help?

Did you create your own project files, or are you using the Visual Studio canned projects? Your compiler is from Visual Studio 2017, which is the mate for WDK 1809. If you update to 1903, you’ll need Visual Studio 2019.

It has to be something in your setup, because obviously many hundreds of people have been doing this without problems.

I used project from WDK samples, but thanks for your idea. I will check if the wrong piece of header was taken.

Tim_Roberts, thanks a lot, problem resolved.
Somehow UserMode runtime includes path appeared in precompiled header’s source file options, and here we are.