Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Windows 10 Vb Client

Gabe_JonesGabe_Jones Member Posts: 75

I see the following recent additions to the OS selections when submitting a driver to the Microsoft hardware dev portal:

• Windows 10 Vb Client
  • Windows 10 Vb Client x64
  • Windows 10 Vb Client ARM64

There is no description. What is "Windows 10 Vb?"

Comments

• Jeremy_HurrenJeremy_Hurren Member - All Emails Posts: 17
    edited March 4

I believe this would be the 20H1 release of Windows 10, codenamed Vibranium (Vb). There are also #defines in the sdk for this version that look like "NTDDI_WIN10_VB".

• Gabe_JonesGabe_Jones Member Posts: 75

@Jeremy_Hurren said:
    I believe this would be the 20H1 release of Windows 10, codenamed Vibranium (Vb). There are also #defines in the sdk for this version that look like "NTDDI_WIN10_VB".

Thank you! I haven't been keeping up on my insider info, so I had no clue that was the code name.

• Jason_StephensonJason_Stephenson Member Posts: 74

I haven't been keeping up on my insider info, so I had no clue that was the code name

Where would one find this kind of information?

• Gabe_JonesGabe_Jones Member Posts: 75

@Jason_Stephenson said:

I haven't been keeping up on my insider info, so I had no clue that was the code name

Where would one find this kind of information?

Thurrott or Mary Jo Foley or the like. I don't know if there is an official channel.