could you please share any relevant links or answer on a few questions below.
I have PnP (PCI) device driver. I need to certificate the driver only for Windows 10 x64.
I have successfully passed all WHQL tests using Win10 as a client machine and HLK version 17763.
Next, I prepared .hlkx file with my tests and signed the package using Hardware Token and sent the file to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/hardware/Search
However, I got the following error:
Could not open package: \data\Temp\HardwareProcessorHost\HardwareProcessors\005\xxx.hlkx : at Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel.Submission.PackageManager..ctor(String packagePath)
at Microsoft.UniversalStore.HardwareWorkflow.Processors.HlkDecompressor.Decompress(String filepath, String outputDirectory) in E:\agent_work\98\s\Src\Processors\Source\Preparation\Decompress\HlkDecompressor.cs:line 48
at Microsoft.UniversalStore.HardwareWorkflow.Processors.PackageAnalysis.d__10.MoveNext() in E:\agent_work\98\s\Src\Processors\Source\Preparation\PackageAnalysis.cs:line 54
it looks like they cannot unpack my .hlkx file.
Next, I installed the latest HLK Studio version 18362, opened my existing .hlkx and successfully signed it again, but using this new .hlkx file I got the same error.
Next, I tried to use previous version of HLK - and this version (previous to HLK version 17763) cannot open my .hlkx.
Using powershell scripts I verified:
1. the .hlkx was signed correctly (with 17763 and 18362)
2. the .hlkx could not be opened with the previous HLK Client because similar callstack like from Microsoft (which is above).
Next I created cab file and successfully signed my PnP device driver with Attestation signing.
I've checked the driver with enabled Secure Mode on Win10 x64, it works well.
My questions are:
1. Is that possible to sign a driver using WHQL tests for Windows 10 x64 only? Microsoft Hardware Centre even doesn't have checkboxes for Windows 10 if I upload .hklx file.
2. if the Attestation signing works well with Secure Boot for a device driver, are there any benefits to pass WHQL tests? as I understand, Attestation signing allows to distribute the driver through Windows Updates as well.
3. Do anyone have the similar error on Hardware Centre? I found only one mention of the same issue here https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c059a322-0065-40a3-9bc6-a1ec9d6d36c1/derived-driver-fails-at-preparation-stage?forum=whck but no answer
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
|Upcoming OSR Seminars|
|Writing WDF Drivers||21 Oct 2019||OSR Seminar Space & ONLINE|
|Internals & Software Drivers||18 Nov 2019||Dulles, VA|
|Kernel Debugging||30 Mar 2020||OSR Seminar Space|
|Developing Minifilters||27 Apr 2020||OSR Seminar Space & ONLINE|