Problem: UMDF filter driver cannot be loaded
Purpose: turn MTP devices to readonly mode when they attached to computer
Method: make an UMDF filter driver for MTP devices
Compile environment: Windows 10 Pro 16299 + Visual Studio 2012 + SDK8.0 + WDK8.0
Test environment: Windows 7 Home SP1 7601
1. Open UMDF sample code (Sample UMDF Filter Driver above UMDF Function Driver for OSR USB-FX2 in WDK 8.0 Samples)
2. Remove WUDFOsrUsbFx2 project
3. Modify .inf file (inf file content will be posted at the end of this thread)
4. Select project configuration (Win7 Release + x64)
5. Build solution
6. Sign file WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll and wudf.cat
7. Copy package folder to test environment
package folder file list: WdfCoinstaller01011.dll, winusbcoinstaller.dll, winusbcoinstaller2.dll, wudf.cat, WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll, WUDFOsrUsbFilterOnUmFx2Driver.Inf, WudfUpdate_01011.dll
8. Install service by using dpinst.exe
9. Plug in Android cellphone
10. Check driver list in 'Device Manager' -> 'Portable Devices' -> 'V30+' -> 'Driver Details'
But I did find driver 'WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll' in that list.
What's wrong with my operations? or what goes wrong with my .inf configuration?
I will be very appreciated if anyone could give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
setupapi.dev.log and .inf will be posted later.
Because the content size limitation, I also uploaded files to Google Drive.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
|Upcoming OSR Seminars|
|Writing WDF Drivers||21 Oct 2019||OSR Seminar Space & ONLINE|
|Internals & Software Drivers||18 Nov 2019||Dulles, VA|
|Kernel Debugging||30 Mar 2020||OSR Seminar Space|
|Developing Minifilters||27 Apr 2020||OSR Seminar Space & ONLINE|