The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.
Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/
Problem: UMDF filter driver cannot be loaded
Purpose: turn MTP devices to readonly mode when they attached to computer
Method: make an UMDF filter driver for MTP devices
Compile environment: Windows 10 Pro 16299 + Visual Studio 2012 + SDK8.0 + WDK8.0
Test environment: Windows 7 Home SP1 7601
1. Open UMDF sample code (Sample UMDF Filter Driver above UMDF Function Driver for OSR USB-FX2 in WDK 8.0 Samples)
2. Remove WUDFOsrUsbFx2 project
3. Modify .inf file (inf file content will be posted at the end of this thread)
4. Select project configuration (Win7 Release + x64)
5. Build solution
6. Sign file WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll and wudf.cat
7. Copy package folder to test environment
package folder file list: WdfCoinstaller01011.dll, winusbcoinstaller.dll, winusbcoinstaller2.dll, wudf.cat, WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll, WUDFOsrUsbFilterOnUmFx2Driver.Inf, WudfUpdate_01011.dll
8. Install service by using dpinst.exe
9. Plug in Android cellphone
10. Check driver list in 'Device Manager' -> 'Portable Devices' -> 'V30+' -> 'Driver Details'
But I did find driver 'WudfOsrUsbFilter.dll' in that list.
What's wrong with my operations? or what goes wrong with my .inf configuration?
I will be very appreciated if anyone could give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.
setupapi.dev.log and .inf will be posted later.
Because the content size limitation, I also uploaded files to Google Drive.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
|Upcoming OSR Seminars|
|OSR has suspended in-person seminars due to the Covid-19 outbreak. But, don't miss your training! Attend via the internet instead!||Kernel Debugging||30 Mar 2020||OSR Seminar Space|
|Developing Minifilters||15 Jun 2020||LIVE ONLINE|
|Writing WDF Drivers||22 June 2020||LIVE ONLINE|
|Internals & Software Drivers||28 Sept 2020||Dulles, VA|