Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Inf2Cat error in VS2015

otalotal Member Posts: 3

Hello
I am porting a driver from VS2012 on window 7 to VS2015 on windows 10.
I cant get over the last error in the project :

Errors:
1> 22.9.1: vmewinproppage.dll in [vmewinclassinstallercopyfiles] of \vmewin.inf is missing or cannot be decompressed from source media. Please verify all path values specified in SourceDisksNames, SouceDisksFiles, and CopyFiles sections resolve to the actual location of the file, and are expressed in terms relative to the location of the inf.
1> 22.9.1: vmewinproppage.dll in [vmewin_device_coinstaller_copyfiles] of \vmewin.inf is missing or cannot be decompressed from source media. Please verify all path values specified in SourceDisksNames, SouceDisksFiles, and CopyFiles sections resolve to the actual location of the file, and are expressed in terms relative to the location of the inf.
1>
1> Warnings:
1> None
1>x64\Win7Debug\inf2catOutput.log : Inf2Cat error -2: "Inf2Cat, signability test failed." Double click to see the tool output.

this is the only driver with DLL included , and I dont understand the problem after checking the directories.

Comments

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 7,265

Your INF has bugs. Did you “double click to see the tool,output?”

Peter

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

• otalotal Member Posts: 3

the same INF file can be build for windows 7 using VS2012.
    what do you mean : double click to see tool,output?

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 7,265

I mean: Read the contents of the VS error window which says:

1>x64\Win7Debug\inf2catOutput.log : Inf2Cat error -2: "Inf2Cat, signability test failed." Double click to see the tool output.

Peter

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,004
    via Email
    otal wrote:
    > 1> 22.9.1: vmewinproppage.dll in [vmewinclassinstallercopyfiles] of \vmewin.inf is missing or cannot be decompressed from source media. Please verify all path values specified in SourceDisksNames, SouceDisksFiles, and CopyFiles sections resolve to the actual location of the file, and are expressed in terms relative to the location of the inf.
    >
    > 1> 22.9.1: vmewinproppage.dll in [vmewin_device_coinstaller_copyfiles] of \vmewin.inf is missing or cannot be decompressed from source media. Please verify all path values specified in SourceDisksNames, SouceDisksFiles, and CopyFiles sections resolve to the actual location of the file, and are expressed in terms relative to the location of the inf.

I assume you understand what the message is trying to tell you. Both of
    the CopyFiles sections mentioned there have a line referring to
    vmewinproppage.dll.  Inf2cat did not find that file in the same folder
    as the INF, or if that file is mentioned in a [SourceDisksFiles]
    section, in the subdirectory specified.

Windows 7 drivers weren't built with VS2012.  Were you using something
    like ddkbuild.bat?  Are you still trying to use ddkbuild.bat, or have
    you gone to a full vcxproj build?

I notice that the message refers to \vmewin.inf.  That's suspicious. 
    Did it actually copy the INF to the root of your hard disk?  If so, then
    you are may be referring to a vcxproj variable that is no longer present.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.