Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Sept/Oct 2019 Issue of The NT Insider available

Download PDF here: http://insider.osr.com/2019/ntinsider_2019_01.pdf

It’s a particularly BIG issue, too: 40 pages of technical goodness, ranging from WDF to Minifilters. Check it out.
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

No extension library

Michael_RolleMichael_Rolle Member - All Emails Posts: 135

On my host, I type in something like !devobj or !obj, and it says No export xxx found.
What's wrong here.
I have the SDK installed, with only the debugging tools selected, on Windows 10 1709.
!chain shows that dbghelp is loaded, but ext is not. .load ext says that "LoadLibrary(ext) failed, Win32 error 0n2".
The C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\Debuggers\x64\winext\ext.dll file exists. The folder is not on the extension DLL search path. This folder is on the path on my target (also Windows 10).
Can anyone tell me how to correctly set up WinDbg on my host so that the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\Debuggers\x64... folders appear in the extension path? Is it because I only installed the WinDbg from the SDK without any other components?

Comments