Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Upperfilter filter class driver

MakMak Member Posts: 50

An Upperfilter keyboard driver is loaded first if a keyboard is present. Is it possible to load the filter driver without any keyboard attached?
I want that the DriverEntry is called at startup.

Comments

• Don_BurnDon_Burn Member - All Emails Posts: 1,653
    via Email
    Why do you think you need this? There are approaches to do things like this, but what problem are you trying to solve?

Don Burn
    Windows Driver Consulting
  • MakMak Member Posts: 50

Yes, we have reasons because we have a control device in our filter driver on top and our users switching with kvm boxes over more than one keyboards.
    How is it possible?

via Email
    The simplest approach is to make two drivers, have a service driver that does the work you need at start up time. You can then provide an IOCTL in the service driver that the offers up a set of functions (and receives functions from the filter) to allow communication.

Don Burn
    Windows Driver Consulting
  • MakMak Member Posts: 50

thanks for the idea. Do you know an example which shows me how this can be done? Is it also possible to integrate the service function in my driver?

via Email
    If you try to integrate the service function in your driver, you are doing a lot of weird stuff. Take the NONPNP sample driver and use that as the model to setup the control device.