Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

VS2017/WDK10 - can STAMPINF be turned off?

Richard_JenkinsRichard_Jenkins Member Posts: 30
I've just started using WDK10 with Visual Studio 2017 running under Windows 7. (SDK 10.0.17134.12 and WDK 10.0.17134.1)

There appears to be no way of turning off the automatic STAMPINF operation.

I have 14 drivers (projects) in my "solution" and the final INF file I produce will be used by all 14, so I don't want individual INF files. To get round this, I've just copied this same INF into each project. It appears that when the target is Windows 10 that lots of INF content checking for invalid fields takes place.

Also for Windows 10 targets the Signability test fails when there is more than one driver in the INF file. For all SYS files other than the one it's dealing with, it complains that it can't find them despite all being in the same output folder with the INFs. I would expect a second build pass to locate them.

Is there a way of turning off the STAMPINF operation for Windows 10 targets?

Richard.

Comments