Network mini re-director Que

hi all,

I am developing a n/w mini re-director driver for win8/win10. So, I went through WDK document as much possible and have few questions
and problems related to driver build and document.

build problem:
building network re-director driver with win8/10 WDK gives linking errors in linking with rdbss.
after looking online posts for similar problems for dependent library i started to use win7 build for testing by adding other dependent
libraries (rxce.lib , copysup.lib, ksecdd.lib, wmilib.lib, wmlkm.lib) and it build and loads driver.
but for other target platforms(win8/10) it still gives linking errors for wmlkm.lib (object file was not compiled for kernel mode) and even
WDK lib folders for win8/10 directories doesnt have all libraries present in it.
is it known problem ? or do we need to use some other library/settings ?

other queries:

1. is network provider dll, a must to have for driver to list out resources and accessing it ?
  2. without provider dll, opening server path sends call to driver for \pipe\srvsvc , \wkssvc ? what are these calls for ?
    where can we get detail info about all these clients ? is it compulsory for driver to support them ?
  3. same as above, there is call for server_path\IPC$ also, is it needed to support ?

So, to start with experimenting driver I have created network provider dll also to list out shared resources to avoid unknowns listed above (assuming
it is a must to implement).

Once i click resource (resource_type disk) and try to open it. Driver starts to get server connect, NetRoot /VNetroot Create calls , after that MrxCreate,
MrxQueryFileInfo (FileStandardInformation, FileRemoteProtocolInformation, FileNetworkPhysicalNameInformation) ,
MrxQueryVolumeInfo(FileFsDeviceInformation).
After querying for FileNetworkPhysicalNameInformation, My N/w Provider dll get call for AddConnection3 (i am returning WN_SUCCESS from it) but
it calls close/DeallocateFobx calls after that and gives error prompt “contact admin, incorrect function”.
am i missing something here, which needs to support ? I was expecting MrxQueryDirectory call to list out files within shared resource.

during these , I am observing some unknown FSCTL calls (FSCTL code - 0x144064). Is there a list of must to support Ioctl/FSCTL list
for n/w mini re-director driver?

any link to more descriptive document will be more helpful. WDK documentation for mini re-director is very minimal and doesn’t provide much idea about
working and responsibilities of diff. components.

Thanks in advance