Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Testsigning breaks Windows Update?

Alex_GrigAlex_Grig Member Posts: 3,238
I had fresh Windows 2012R2 SUT with test signing mode enabled, and when I tried to run Windows Update it failed in strange ways. Then I disabled test signing, and it seemed to be installing updates. Is it a known caveat?

Comments

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 7,345
    The only thing I know for sure is that Windows Update can find numerous ways to break itself, with or without our help.

We have spent -- quite literally -- months of time dealing with Windows Update issues on systems with a product we're developing. We found that problems were often random, unrepeatable, and without any readily identifiable cause.

I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted from this thread, but I've been both shocked and bewildered at how very broken Windows Update is, and just in case you didn't know this...

Peter
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers