STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH - 0xC0000221

I have developed a set of Windows 2000 drivers for data acquisition cards but I am having problems with one of the drivers. One particular driver causes Win 2000 to display error 0xc0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH upon bootup. This only happens when compiled for free build not on the checked build. One other driver gave me this same error one other time but when I deleted everything in the destination directory and did a rebuild it worked fine but that doesn’t seem to fix this driver. All of these drivers are very similar using many of the same files and built in the same manner (same build settings). Has anyone else ran into a similar problem or have a suggestion of something to try?

Thanks,
Michael W. Russell
Quatech, Inc.
xxxxx@quatech.com

I’ve gotten similar errors when I’ve copied the file in over the network,
and then did a “.reboot” without first doing an “ntsync” (http://www.sysinternals.com/misc.htm#Sync),
i.e., the file was not completely written to disk.

-DH
----- Original Message -----
To: NT Developers Interest List
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 2:58 PM
Subject: [ntdev] STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH - 0xC0000221

I have developed a set of Windows 2000 drivers for data acquisition cards but I am having problems with one of the drivers. One particular driver causes Win 2000 to display error 0xc0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH upon bootup. This only happens when compiled for free build not on the checked build. One other driver gave me this same error one other time but when I deleted everything in the destination directory and did a rebuild it worked fine but that doesn’t seem to fix this driver. All of these drivers are very similar using many of the same files and built in the same manner (same build settings). Has anyone else ran into a similar problem or have a suggestion of something to try?

Thanks,
Michael W. Russell
Quatech, Inc.
xxxxx@quatech.com