touch driver in windows7 starter

i want to enable touch support in windows7 starter edition. after studying firmware side requirements i understood that device only sends messages(report descriptor) with x,y,touch,confidance,in range attributes.

and after studying windows side driver stack for input devices i understood following things:

1. windows will decode collection type from report descriptor of device and will create appropriate input class PDO for device to represent it as specific input device to sub system. like for mouse collection will create PDO for mouse device ,now subsystem will open device for exclusive use by system during IoRegisterDeviceInterface(mouse_guid) and notify the mouclass.sys driver about arrival of new mouse class device into system. This way stack for mouse device class will be initialized.

now the read requests from windows(application GUI) to subsystem will be routed to its device driver for getting input from mouse or whaterver input device, when the mouse event data occured to sub system it will manipulate it and pass to windows proc methods for handling events(like passing WM_DOUBLECLICK message).

am I right upto this point ?

if yes suppose i want to enable touch input support in windows (WM_GESTURE messages to GUI windows proc method ) in winodws7 starter edition.

if hidclass driver supports creation of touch PDO from touch collection, i will make touch class driver which will interpret report descriptors of touch collection and creates appropriate information for subsystem , but wiill its subsytem opens my touch device and will subsystem issue request for touch class driver. ?

does inbuilt applications of windows7 starter interprets messages WM_TOUCH or WM_GESTURE ?

I am pretty sure that starter does not support touch, it is a more premium feature. Unlike mouse or keyboard input, touch does not need a class driver. The touch processing subsystem processes HID data directly from the collection PDO

d

Sent from my phone with no t9, all spilling mistakes are not intentional.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:50 PM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: [ntdev] touch driver in windows7 starter

i want to enable touch support in windows7 starter edition. after studying firmware side requirements i understood that device only sends messages(report descriptor) with x,y,touch,confidance,in range attributes.

and after studying windows side driver stack for input devices i understood following things:

1. windows will decode collection type from report descriptor of device and will create appropriate input class PDO for device to represent it as specific input device to sub system. like for mouse collection will create PDO for mouse device ,now subsystem will open device for exclusive use by system during IoRegisterDeviceInterface(mouse_guid) and notify the mouclass.sys driver about arrival of new mouse class device into system. This way stack for mouse device class will be initialized.

now the read requests from windows(application GUI) to subsystem will be routed to its device driver for getting input from mouse or whaterver input device, when the mouse event data occured to sub system it will manipulate it and pass to windows proc methods for handling events(like passing WM_DOUBLECLICK message).

am I right upto this point ?

if yes suppose i want to enable touch input support in windows (WM_GESTURE messages to GUI windows proc method ) in winodws7 starter edition.

if hidclass driver supports creation of touch PDO from touch collection, i will make touch class driver which will interpret report descriptors of touch collection and creates appropriate information for subsystem , but wiill its subsytem opens my touch device and will subsystem issue request for touch class driver. ?

does inbuilt applications of windows7 starter interprets messages WM_TOUCH or WM_GESTURE ?

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

so it may be possible that touch subsystem is not present in starter edition of w7,

if applications in w7 starters supports touch detection.
is there other way through which we can enable touch feature of w7 starter, means can we develop something that can enable touch support of w7 starter inbuilt applications.