Pnpdtest with concurrent IO in parallel with DevPathExer

Hi All,
I have a WDM driver that always passed WHQL till now but recently it started failing “Pnpdtest with concurrent IO in parallel with DevPathExer”. We are running this test using the DTM. The description of the test says that it runs

Pnpdtest: /concurrentio /timedstress 10
Devpathexer: /hct
Pwrtest: /sleep /c:4 /d:300 /s:all
[http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd450424.aspx]

The docs says that all of the above tests are run in parallel. To simulate the DTM test I ran all the tests for my device using the DDK stand alone tools and within five minutes I got a message that device path exer failed because the driver was unloaded. I believe this is expected since we are running the PNP test in parallel. My question is then how is DTM able to run and pass all the test?

Any pointers are highly appreciated.
Thanks,
– Ajitabh.

Hi Ajitabh,

The parameters posted on msdn are slightly off. From DTM, here are the more correct parameters passed to each of the tests:

pnpdtest: /Device All /concurrentio /stress /driverpath [WttRunWorkingDir] /noenddialog /nodbgbreak
DevpathExer: /hct /a /fl 4063
PwrTest: /sleep /c:4 /d:300 /s:all

What is the failure you are seeing when you use DTM?

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,
Thanks for the response. The test fails with error message which directs to look at the inner logs. The DTM log itself gives the following message

• Failed the job “Pnpdtest with ConcurrentIO in Parallel with DevPathExer”. Job failed and rest of the task cancelled because task “Pnpdtest with ConcurrentIO in Parallel with DevPathExer” failed with Fail Action FailandStop.

Can you please let me know where I can find the inner log for individual test items ??
Actaully my test team running this DTM test is in Taipae and we have the DTM server setup there.

Thanks,
– Ajitabh.

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of xxxxx@hotmail.com
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 6:13 PM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: RE:[ntdev] Pnpdtest with concurrent IO in parallel with DevPathExer

Hi Ajitabh,

The parameters posted on msdn are slightly off. From DTM, here are the more correct parameters passed to each of the tests:

pnpdtest: /Device All /concurrentio /stress /driverpath [WttRunWorkingDir] /noenddialog /nodbgbreak
DevpathExer: /hct /a /fl 4063
PwrTest: /sleep /c:4 /d:300 /s:all

What is the failure you are seeing when you use DTM?

Thanks,
Sandeep

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

Hi Ajitabh,

DTM is looking for logs that are probably missing because of a system crash during the test. Did your testers notice a bugcheck? If that is the case, they need to hook up a debugger to figure out what’s going on.

Can you email me the cpk to xxxxx@microsoft.com? I will take a look.

Thanks,
Sandeep