IScsiPrt

IScsiPrt hasn’t been mentioned here for more than a year. Does a DK exist for this yet? Will IScsiPrt devices run on 2k/XP?

Yes the DDK exists, at one point it was reported that it would be in the
Server 2008 WDK, but I do not believe this is the case. You need to contact
the storage group, and ask them. One alias that worked a year ago on iSCSI
was xxxxx@microsoft.com, this was the alias for iSCSI boot data.


Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
Remove StopSpam to reply

wrote in message news:xxxxx@ntdev…
> IScsiPrt hasn’t been mentioned here for more than a year. Does a DK exist
> for this yet? Will IScsiPrt devices run on 2k/XP?
>

Is there any way to get this commented by someone writing from
@microsoft.com e-mail? :slight_smile: I’ve been trying
to get this SDK for a while and did not get any response ever :frowning:

Anton

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com
[mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of Don Burn
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:21 PM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: Re:[ntdev] IScsiPrt

Yes the DDK exists, at one point it was reported that it would be in the
Server 2008 WDK, but I do not believe this is the case. You need to contact

the storage group, and ask them. One alias that worked a year ago on iSCSI
was xxxxx@microsoft.com, this was the alias for iSCSI boot data.


Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
Remove StopSpam to reply

wrote in message news:xxxxx@ntdev…
> IScsiPrt hasn’t been mentioned here for more than a year. Does a DK exist

> for this yet? Will IScsiPrt devices run on 2k/XP?
>


NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at
http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

Anton,

I gave you what I know, I have customers who have the kit. You have to
get a hardware evangelist to help you in most cases to get it. You might
check the archives of this list, it is rare but members of the Microsoft
storage group do post here, and then ask them directly in an email.


Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
Remove StopSpam to reply

“Anton A. Kolomyeytsev” wrote in message
news:xxxxx@ntdev…
> Is there any way to get this commented by someone writing from
> @microsoft.com e-mail? :slight_smile: I’ve been trying
> to get this SDK for a while and did not get any response ever :frowning:
>
> Anton
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com
> [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of Don Burn
> Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:21 PM
> To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
> Subject: Re:[ntdev] IScsiPrt
>
> Yes the DDK exists, at one point it was reported that it would be in the
> Server 2008 WDK, but I do not believe this is the case. You need to
> contact
>
> the storage group, and ask them. One alias that worked a year ago on
> iSCSI
> was xxxxx@microsoft.com, this was the alias for iSCSI boot data.
>
>
> –
> Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
> Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
> Website: http://www.windrvr.com
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
> Remove StopSpam to reply
>
>
> wrote in message news:xxxxx@ntdev…
>> IScsiPrt hasn’t been mentioned here for more than a year. Does a DK
>> exist
>
>> for this yet? Will IScsiPrt devices run on 2k/XP?
>>
>
>
>
> —
> NTDEV is sponsored by OSR
>
> For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
> http://www.osr.com/seminars
>
> To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at
> http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
>
>

Use xxxxx@microsoft.com for iSCSI, xxxxx@microsoft.com is an alias for
the iSCSI Boot initiator.

~kenny

Don Burn wrote:

Yes the DDK exists, at one point it was reported that it would be in the
Server 2008 WDK, but I do not believe this is the case. You need to contact
the storage group, and ask them. One alias that worked a year ago on iSCSI
was xxxxx@microsoft.com, this was the alias for iSCSI boot data.

The Server 2008 contains a sample and some documentation about the
“iSCSI Discovery Library Routines.” I don’t know enough about iScsi to
comment further than this, but you might want to download it an check it
out further while you wait to hear from MSFT.

Good luck,

mm

Don Burn wrote:

Anton,

I gave you what I know, I have customers who have the kit. You have to
get a hardware evangelist to help you in most cases to get it. You might
check the archives of this list, it is rare but members of the Microsoft
storage group do post here, and then ask them directly in an email.

Maybe I’m being dopey, but I can’t figure out what the xxxxx represents in the email address. I tried the obvious ‘iscsi’ and that didn’t work. I also thought that maybe the CAPS in Kenny Speer’s reply were conveying a hidden message, but ‘scsib’ didn’t work either. Both bounced back to me as undeliverable.

I have no idea of what you mean, but here they are again:

Use xxxxx@microsoft.com for iSCSI, xxxxx@microsoft.com is an alias for
the iSCSI Boot initiator.

Good luck,

mm

xxxxx@VirtualIron.com wrote:

Maybe I’m being dopey, but I can’t figure out what the xxxxx represents in the email address. I tried the obvious ‘iscsi’ and that didn’t work. I also thought that maybe the CAPS in Kenny Speer’s reply were conveying a hidden message, but ‘scsib’ didn’t work either. Both bounced back to me as undeliverable.

Ha! The web interface masks email addresses, so if you check the post out
via the web you get:

“Use xxxxx@microsoft.com for iSCSI, xxxxx@microsoft.com is an alias for the
iSCSI Boot initiator.”

So, for the OP’s sake, the aliases that Kenny was recommending are iscsidev
and boot, respectively (never actually used these, just trying to clear up
confusion).

-scott

Scott Noone
Software Engineer
OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.
http://www.osronline.com

“Martin O’Brien” wrote in message
news:xxxxx@ntdev…
>I have no idea of what you mean, but here they are again:
>
>
> Use xxxxx@microsoft.com for iSCSI, xxxxx@microsoft.com is an alias for
> the iSCSI Boot initiator.
>
> Good luck,
>
> mm
>
> xxxxx@VirtualIron.com wrote:
>> Maybe I’m being dopey, but I can’t figure out what the xxxxx represents
>> in the email address. I tried the obvious ‘iscsi’ and that didn’t work.
>> I also thought that maybe the CAPS in Kenny Speer’s reply were conveying
>> a hidden message, but ‘scsib’ didn’t work either. Both bounced back to
>> me as undeliverable.
>